Copelouzos Group, through DAMCO ENERGY S.A. is active in the sales, installation and rental of Generating Sets.
In cooperation with international firms, Damco has supplied to the Public Power Corporation (PPC) and various industries, “turn key” power generating units comprising of generating sets.
Through specialized, highly skilled crews, the Group is maintaining a significant number of units (CEGIELSKI – SULZER, MAN, WARTSILA, GMT, FINCANTIERI), installed mainly at PPC Stations in the islands, also supplying, wherever is necessary the relevant spare parts (new or reconditioned).
The Group possesses a leading position in the Greek market and has signed a significant number of Contracts with PPC to meet the increased electric power demand of the national grid (Megalopolis), as well as of the Greek islands (Rhodes, Crete, Santorini, Paros, Mykonos, Kos,) during the summer period. The Group is also active abroad, as it has signed significant contracts (Cyprus and elsewhere).
The Group is able to provide all the necessary services that are related to the rental of generating sets such as transportation and installation, operation and maintenance during the rental period, as well as decommission after the expiration of the Contract.
Indicative projects undertaken by the Group in this sector are the following:
- In the field of base-load diesel engine units, the turnkey supply of 4 generating sets x 12.3 MW to the Linoperamata power plant in Crete, of 2 x 13 MW to the Soroni power plant in Rhodes, of 2 x 6.3 MW + 1 x 12.3 MW to the Samos power plant, of 1 x 11 MW and 1 x 12.3 MW to the Chios power plant etc.
- In the field of gas turbine units, the turn-key delivery of a 13.2 MW GT unit in Santorini power plant, a fast track project that was completed in just 6 months from the receipt of the order.
- In the field of portable units, the supply to the Public Power Corporation (Kos), of a 2.5 MW generating set in a container, operating with fuel oil (in total, the Group has supplied PPC with nine portable fuel oil units.
- Turnkey installation of 35 MW generating sets to the PPC station in Megalopolis in order to meet the summer peaks during the period 2008-2011.
- Turnkey installation of 45 MW generating sets to the AHK station in Vassiliko – Cyprus in order to meet special needs (2011-2012).
- Turkey installation of 15 ΜW generating sets in Rhodes and 8 MW in Santorini in order to meet summer peaks during the summer of 2018.
- Turnkey installation of 35 MW generating sets in Crete in order to meet the summer peaks during the period 2019.